Wednesday, December 26, 2012

At around 9 to 11 years old, I was often left with an aunt who was in her late teens to early 20's while my mother went shopping. Aunt Roz had tons of "True Romance" and "Real Detective" magazines (she fluctuated between smarmy romance with an appetite for murderous passion on the side) I was forbidden to read her magazines but often did without ever being detected. I had my first (non religious) * 'epiphany' from an ad in one of her magazines. I recently found that ad. When I originally discovered it, I could make no sense of it at all. What in the world could you do with a vibrating finger? I just could not figure it out! Why would you need to use a finger on your gums when you have them on your hands already? I was using a Q-Tip one day and my mother yelled, "get that out of your ear this minute!" I thought...how am I supposed to clean and scratch my ear? THEN I KNEW! The vibrating finger of course! When I approached my mother with the ad I had carefully cut out of aunt Roz's magazine and asked for one to clean and scratch my ears, my mother became hysterical and threw a hissy fit the likes of which I would grow used to as I got older and more of a nuisance and screamed "NO!" When the matter was turned over to my father who was preparing for my hanging and realized what the object was, he looked at my mother, turned on his heels and left the premises. The matter was never spoken of again.

No comments:

Post a Comment